Friday, January 8, 2010

BUDGET BELLE: Mascara, The Make-Up Necessity





















Today is a special day....I proudly present to you a new feature for the blog, our new Beauty Barganista, Stefanie! Take It Away, Stef!

I'm the type of girl who loves to play around with make-up, especially for big events. However, when it comes right down to it, my daily routine is pretty basic. Cover-up, a little blush, a special trick I learned that makes it appear as if you actually got a full night's sleep (more on that in a future post), and the most important thing of all - MASCARA.

That's right folks, mascara is your best friend. Need a little wake-up for your face? You just need a good quality mascara and an eyelash curler. I know some of you are skeptical about the eyelash curler, but I can't say enough about it. If you have long lashes, or you want more of an "awake" look, curling your eyelashes is a must. It takes two seconds and is painless - I promise! I prefer the Shu Uemura eyelash curler (sometimes called the holy grail of eyelash curlers - and for good reason) because it makes my lashes look perfectly curled, without that weird crimped look you can get from some of the cheaper brands. It's a little pricier than a lot of people would prefer, however I've had mine for about five years - definitely a bargain when you think about it that way. You can buy it here.

Now, onto mascara. Ladies - I'm sure you understand how difficult it is to find a non-flaky, non-clumping, reasonably priced mascara these days. Well, lucky for you, I've done most of the searching for you. Behold - the Cover Girl Lashblast Length Mascara. I know, I know - Cover Girl? YES. I've tried a lot of the pricey brands, including the ones that most fashion and beauty magazines rave about as the "best on the market." I've only been disappointed. They either clump or flake or just don't do anything for me.

The Lashblast Length mascara is in my everyday make-up bag because it works, plain and simple. My lashes look longer, thicker, and they're CLUMP-FREE! (Trust me, that deserves to be in all caps.) And at less than $10, it's a bargain. As a fair-skinned brunette, I prefer to use "blackest black," but one of my dearest friends, a fair-skinned blonde, uses "black brown" and loves it as well.

Cover Girl Lashblast Length can be found at your local drugstore, as well as your nearest Target and Wal-mart.


Post By Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment