Friday, January 15, 2010

BUDGET BELLE: Oh Stop, I'm Blushing!















As a very fair-skinned brunette (read: incredibly pale), blush is my friend. One of those close friends with whom you interact on a daily basis. NARS Orgasm blush is like one of those friends you've known forever. The kind where you still manage to rack up serious phone bills, despite the fact that you see each other every day. The kind of friend gutsy enough to say - "No dear, yellow is not your color." And yet, she's completely right.


Ok, enough waxing poetic. I. love. this. blush.

I like to think of myself as a blush connoisseur. I've tried hundreds of different kinds of blushes. I was there when the blush mousse-like concoction was on the shelves (pass). I tried cheek stains (more on that later). Yes, I've tried my favorite drugstore brands as well. However, nothing lives up to the quality of the NARS Orgasm blush.

First of all, you've got to love that name - very clever marketing, NARS people. Second, the color is absolutely gorgeous. It's the perfect shade of peachy-pink, giving a naturally flushed glow. I have yet to find someone who can not pull off this color. Third, the quality is amazing. I've been working on the same compact of blush for almost a year now and the color is as rich as ever.

I know the pricetag looks a little much at first (it's a hefty $25 at Sephora), but this is honestly one of the products I use on a daily basis and it's still going strong in my make-up bag. Twenty-five dollars for a year's worth of perfectly flushed cheeks? Now that's a bargain.

Made By: NARS

Price: $25.00



BUY IT

P.S. The NARS Orgasm blush is NOT to be confused with the SUPER Orgasm blush. Now, while more intensity tends to be better with anything orgasm related, this is not one of those times. I find that the SUPER Orgasm blush has too much glitter for my taste, making it pretty much impossible to wear on a daily basis. And, quite frankly, I can't rationalize paying $25 for a blush I'll only wear on special occasions (where a tad bit of glitter can be acceptable).

No comments:

Post a Comment