Friday, February 26, 2010

Read My Lips!




Now that we've covered how to appropriately draw attention to your eyes, it's time to focus on another feature - perfectly pouty lips.


I've talked about my favorite "everyday" lipstick, but if you really want to draw attention to your lips and make them the focal point of your look, you need something with a little more punch. My favorite? Red. That's right - red lipstick. Don't shy away from it. I hear so many women claim that they can't wear red, or it's too drastic or this excuse or that excuse.


Hogwash!


Red is for everyone. However, the exact shade of red depends on your coloring. Are you fair skinned? Yellow undertones or pink? Olive? Darker? There are so many different shades of red, and it's for this very reason - so that you can find at least ONE shade that will work with your complexion.


Don't be intimidated by all of the options. Instead, head to your nearest department store or beauty boutique (i.e. Ulta, Sephora, etc.). Spend some time trying out different shades and see what works best on you. Once you've found your perfect shade, it's also a good idea to purchase a matching lipliner, as red lipsticks tend to bleed a bit more if you don't line your lips.


My shade happens to be Nars' Cruella - I prefer it in the lip pencil form. It has a slight orange base, which balances out my undertones and, for some reason, the color seems to stay on my lips longer than normal red lipsticks. The result? My perfect red lipstick - perfect for a night out.


There you have it - an easy way to make your lips stand out and look delightfully nibble-worthy. Pucker up!

No comments:

Post a Comment