Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Retro Fashion Done Right

















I have pondered sixties fashion for many years, and I have come to the conclusion that, generally, I don't like it. It's not really my style. I'm more into the bright colors and gold jewelry of the 70s, or the neutrals and draped fabrics of the 40s, or even the big poofy skirts of the 50s. But the 60s (particularly the late sixties, and maybe even early 70s) are not my cup of tea.

BUT. That being said...sometimes great pieces give a little *nod* to the period, and since I like retro stuff, I'm usually on board.

This milly dress does exactly that. It gives a *nod to the sixties without making you look like you are dressing up as Winnie Cooper for Halloween. This dress is both fashion forward and work appropriate, so here you don't have to compromise your style for your job!

Made By: Milly

Found At: Nordstroms

Price: $139.00 (originally $350.00)

No comments:

Post a Comment