Friday, April 16, 2010

BUDGET BELLE: In The Prime Of Your Life
















There are quite a few mysteries in life. Why are Mondays dreadfully long? Why do weekends and vacations seem to fly by? Why doesn't your hair ever look as good as it does immediately after you leave the salon? And finally - where does the make-up go? You know what I mean. After you spend those few extra minutes in the morning trying to give yourself a little glow on your cheeks, brighten your eyes with a little highlighter, cover up those dark circles under your eyes - you walk out of your house looking and feeling amazing. And then time passes. You stop by the ladies room sometime mid-afternoon and suddenly it looks like all of your extra effort has vanished. Where does the make-up go?

Well, I can't answer that question for you - if I could, I'd be making much more money than I am right now. However, I can offer a little tip to make sure your extra efforts are not wasted. My secret to keeping my make-up fresh all day? Make-up primer. I know, I used to think it was a waste of money too. But when I tried a free sample of Smashbox's Photo Finish Foundation Primer, I was hooked. Just a dab on your forehead, cheeks, chin and nose and your skin feels soft - almost velvety. Your make-up goes on smoother and stays on much longer. Trust me, I've noticed a difference on days when I forget to use the primer. As an added benefit, Smashbox offers an oil-free version, as well as different color balance versions to adjust and blend with your skin tones. One bottle lasts about 3 to 4 months with everyday use. Not a bad deal for $36.

As always, if you're a little hesitant to shell out $36 for a make-up product, stop by your local Sephora, Ulta or department store that carries Smashbox cosmetics - you can try it out before you buy. Now, onto another mystery - where are my keys?

No comments:

Post a Comment