Monday, November 15, 2010

FASHION DEAL DIVA: Fashion FAQ

Dear Fashion Deal Diva:

What the hell do I wear to my high school reunion?

- Dreading the 10th

Dear Dreading the 10th,

I'd like to start out by saying...you are a braver woman than I! You couldn't pay me to go to my high school reunion. However, if you want (or must) go to your high school reunion, I think I have some thoughts to impart before you look at the dresses below:

1) Don't Show Off. Maybe you weigh 50 pounds less than you did in 2000. Maybe you were a goof off in your history class and now your a VP at an investment bank. Maybe you were a total nerd in your high school, but now you're a rockstar. Despite any of those things, you need to make sure that you do not announce such wonderful news or, worse, throw it into people's faces. Unfortunately, chances are that the people who made fun of you or talked behind your back will still do that despite any transformation you may have made, so your best weapon is just to pretend like nothing's different, except your attitude, which is now just...chill.

2) Don't Wear Anything That Could Draw Attention In A Bad Way. If your reunion is at a pub, and you wear a black cocktail dress, it could make you the hottest woman on earth, but it's just not appropriate for a pub. Dress for the event, and you'll insulate yourself from potential fashion ridicule.

And now....ON TO THE DRESSES!!!!!















If I was going to my high school reunion, this is the dress I would probably wear. It's well constructed and I love the color, but it's understated. And then the back is a nice surprise, something you don't see coming!

Made By: Urban Outfitters

Price: $58.00




















I love this dress for so many reasons. The waist definition/belt, the spiderweb detailing on the front and back of the dress, and the ruffled sleeves...what is there not to love about this amazing dress????

Made By: ModCloth

Price: $84.99





















Again, another perfect daytime or pub dress (especially for my fashionistas in a super-cold climate!) I love the slight shoulder pleating! Since the dress itself is plain, pair it with a crazy pair of patterned tights!

Made By: Qi

Found On: Bluefly.com

Price: $165.00 (originally $275.00)






















Oh this? Yeah, I just threw this on, no biggie (except you know you look stunning!!!!) This is definitely a dress for understated, effortless sexiness.

Made By: Rory Beca

Found On: shopbop.com

Price: $151.20 (originally $216.00)






















For my reunion-goers on a budget, it's hard to go wrong with a little black dress, especially when that fashion staple is under $20!!!!!!

Made By: Forever 21

Price: $19.80






















A fancy dress for my curvy gals! This is the perfect dress if you don't like your thighs, but you love your hips, and you need to get fancy! I love the rosette detailing on the shoulder, and the silver metallic is a good choice for any skin color.

Made By: ModCloth

Price: $147.99
















The perfect dress for that pub I was talking about! Ruffly and fun, but not too dressy. Matches perfectly with a beer.

Made By: Leifsdottir

Found At: Bergdorf Goodman

Price: $199.99 (originally $298.00)






















This blurred animal print dress is perfect if your reunion is a classy affair. Your silky frock will still highlight your sexy, but you can hold that champagne glass high among your high school peers.

Made By: Ann Taylor

Price: $59.99 (originally $168.00)




Feeling uber -confident? Wear this dress/art piece for an added confidence boost! I've been eying this dress on ModCloth for a while now. Paired with black opaque tights, I think you can pull off this white as winter white.

Made By: ModCloth

Price: $124.99


















I am all about gold for this winter season. And as most high school reunions I know about are over Thanksgiving and holiday breaks, your dress could easily double as a holiday party dress! (side note: I may make this my Holiday party dress).

Made By: Urban Outfitters

Price: $69.00























This is definitely a dress for a daytime reunion, a more casual affair. Pair it with a soft wool cardigan for a super cute daytime look.

Made By: ModCloth

Price: $49.99

No comments:

Post a Comment